Owning your own online business is a dream for millions of people. However, it’s something that takes a serious investment of time, effort, and money. For those who are already in a situation that requires them to hold down a steady source of income, taking the big plunge into entrepreneurship isn’t easy to do.
The single, BEST thing you can do for yourself to avoid wasteful spending and costly mistakes, is to hire a professional, digital consulting service like Vision Digital Consulting. They research trending products, build out the store, and provide 1 on 1 LIFETIME consulting. ALL for $4,999. This is a reputable company that will hand you a turnkey, online store ready to make money. They have made over 300 stores for entrepreneurs just like you. They tout that they now have over 3 dozen individuals making 6 figures or more with their store. All of these store owners have had NO experience online prior to hiring VDC to work with them.
However, there are some steps that can make it a bit easier to build a side business without having to quit your current day job. It will still take lots of work on your part, but it’s very possible to start moving your business forwards while still working. Here are some tips to help.
- Master Time Management – If you’re going to succeed at juggling a business and a full time job, you’ll have to get the hang of time and task management. This simply means that you’ll have to understand your available time and figure out how to make every second count. Cutting out distractions like social media or TV will give you more time to focus on your business, and making the most of that extra time will be vital for your success.
- Get Help – Try to find a partner or at least a part time assistant or employee that you can trust to help you with some of your tasks. When you are truly ready to jump into owning your first online store, hire a reputable consult and design company such as Vision Digital Consulitng.com. Jennifer Carter and her team have built over 300 online stores for entrepreneurs just like you, and they will help you avoid all the expensive pitfalls that can slow you down or even stop you from attaining online success.
- Keep ’em Separated – It’s not a great idea to start a business that competes directly with your current employer. It’s also not a good idea to start something that requires your attention during the hours you’ll be at work. Try to avoid anything that will blur the lines between what you do from 9 to 5 and what you do in your free time.
- Telecommute – It’s not always possible, but finding a more flexible way to work will help dramatically. Not only will you have a more flexible schedule, but you reduce commute time and give yourself precious minutes each day.
- Know When To Dive In – Finally, be sure to know when it’s time to pull off from your main job and focus exclusively on your business. You likely have some goals in mind, and at some point your business may take off in a way that means your only option is to make it your full time – and only – job.